WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. latitude, angular distance
- usage: the angular distance between an imaginary line around a heavenly body parallel to its equator and the equator itself
- 2. latitude, liberty
- usage: freedom from normal restraints in conduct; "the new freedom in movies and novels"; "allowed his children considerable latitude in how they spent their money"
- 3. latitude, line of latitude, parallel of latitude, parallel, line
- usage: an imaginary line around the Earth parallel to the equator
- 4. latitude, scope, range, reach, orbit, compass, ambit
- usage: scope for freedom of e.g. action or thought; freedom from restriction
All rights reserved.
See also: latitude (Dictionary)