- 1. whipping, tanning, flogging, lashing, flagellation, beating, thrashing, licking, drubbing, lacing, trouncing, whacking
- usage: beating with a whip or strap or rope as a form of punishment
- 2. lashing, rope, fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing
- usage: rope that is used for fastening something to something else; "the boats were held together by lashings"
- 1. flog, welt, whip, lather, lash, slash, strap, trounce, beat, beat up, work over
- usage: beat severely with a whip or rod; "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
- 2. lash, swing, sway
- usage: lash or flick about sharply; "The lion lashed its tail"
- 3. whip, lash, strike
- usage: strike as if by whipping; "The curtain whipped her face"
- 4. lash, tie, bind
- usage: bind with a rope, chain, or cord; "lash the horse"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lashing, violent (vs. nonviolent)
- usage: violently urging on by whipping or flogging; "looked at the lashing riders"
All rights reserved.
See also: lashing (Dictionary)