- 1. eyelash, lash, cilium, hair
- usage: any of the short curved hairs that grow from the edges of the eyelids
- 2. lash, thong, leather strip
- usage: leather strip that forms the flexible part of a whip
- 3. whip, lash, whiplash, blow
- usage: a quick blow delivered with a whip or whiplike object; "the whip raised a red welt"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. flog, welt, whip, lather, lash, slash, strap, trounce, beat, beat up, work over
- usage: beat severely with a whip or rod; "The teacher often flogged the students"; "The children were severely trounced"
- 2. lash, swing, sway
- usage: lash or flick about sharply; "The lion lashed its tail"
- 3. whip, lash, strike
- usage: strike as if by whipping; "The curtain whipped her face"
- 4. lash, tie, bind
- usage: bind with a rope, chain, or cord; "lash the horse"
All rights reserved.
See also: lash (Dictionary)