- 1. meadowlark, lark, New World oriole, American oriole, oriole
- usage: North American songbirds having a yellow breast
- 2. pipit, titlark, lark, oscine, oscine bird
- usage: a songbird that lives mainly on the ground in open country; has streaky brown plumage
- 3. lark, oscine, oscine bird
- usage: any of numerous predominantly Old World birds noted for their singing
- 4. escapade, lark, diversion, recreation
- usage: any carefree episode
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. frolic, lark, rollick, skylark, disport, sport, cavort, gambol, frisk, romp, run around, lark about, play
- usage: play boisterously; "The children frolicked in the garden"; "the gamboling lambs in the meadows"; "The toddlers romped in the playroom"
All rights reserved.
See also: lark (Dictionary)