- 1. land, set down, arrive, get, come
- usage: reach or come to rest; "The bird landed on the highest branch"; "The plane landed in Istanbul"
- 2. land, put down, bring down, arrive, get, come
- usage: cause to come to the ground; "the pilot managed to land the airplane safely"
- 3. bring, land, change, alter, modify
- usage: bring into a different state; "this may land you in jail"
- 4. land, bring, convey, take
- usage: bring ashore; "The drug smugglers landed the heroin on the beach of the island"
- 5. land, deliver, drive home
- usage: deliver (a blow); "He landed several blows on his opponent's head"
- 6. land, set ashore, shore, arrive, get, come
- usage: arrive on shore; "The ship landed in Pearl Harbor"
- 7. down, shoot down, land
- usage: shoot at and force to come down; "the enemy landed several of our aircraft"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. landed (vs. landless)
- usage: owning or consisting of land or real estate; "the landed gentry"; "landed property"
All rights reserved.
See also: landed (Dictionary)