- 1. lament, lamentation, plaint, wail, complaint
- usage: a cry of sorrow and grief; "their pitiful laments could be heard throughout the ward"
- 2. dirge, coronach, lament, requiem, threnody, song, vocal
- usage: a song or hymn of mourning composed or performed as a memorial to a dead person
- 3. elegy, lament, poem, verse form
- usage: a mournful poem; a lament for the dead
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lament, keen, express emotion, express feelings
- usage: express grief verbally; "we lamented the death of the child"
- 2. deplore, lament, bewail, bemoan, complain, kick, plain, sound off, quetch, kvetch
- usage: regret strongly; "I deplore this hostile action"; "we lamented the loss of benefits"
All rights reserved.
See also: lament (Dictionary)