- 1. getaway, lam, escape, flight
- usage: a rapid escape (as by criminals); "the thieves made a clean getaway"; "after the expose he had to take it on the lam"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. scat, run, scarper, turn tail, lam, run away, hightail it, bunk, head for the hills, take to the woods, escape, fly the coop, break away, leave, go forth, go away
- usage: flee; take to one's heels; cut and run; "If you see this man, run!"; "The burglars escaped before the police showed up"
- 2. thrash, thresh, lam, flail, beat, beat up, work over
- usage: give a thrashing to; beat hard
All rights reserved.
See also: lam (Dictionary)