- 1. slowdown, lag, retardation, delay, holdup
- usage: the act of slowing down or falling behind
- 2. interim, meantime, meanwhile, lag, time interval, interval
- usage: the time between one event, process, or period and another; "meanwhile the socialists are running the government"
- 3. stave, lag, slat, spline
- usage: one of several thin slats of wood forming the sides of a barrel or bucket
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lag, dawdle, fall back, fall behind, follow
- usage: hang (back) or fall (behind) in movement, progress, development, etc.
- 2. imprison, incarcerate, lag, immure, put behind bars, jail, jug, gaol, put away, remand, confine, detain
- usage: lock up or confine, in or as in a jail; "The suspects were imprisoned without trial"; "the murderer was incarcerated for the rest of his life"
- 3. lag, flip, toss, sky, pitch
- usage: throw or pitch at a mark, as with coins
- 4. lag, cover
- usage: cover with lagging to prevent heat loss; "lag pipes"
All rights reserved.
See also: lag (Dictionary)