- 1. tug, labor, labour, push, drive, fight, struggle
- usage: strive and make an effort to reach a goal; "She tugged for years to make a decent living"; "We have to push a little to make the deadline!"; "She is driving away at her doctoral thesis"
- 2. labor, labour, toil, fag, travail, grind, drudge, dig, moil, work, do work
- usage: work hard; "She was digging away at her math homework"; "Lexicographers drudge all day long"
- 3. labor, labour, undergo
- usage: undergo the efforts of childbirth
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. labored, laboured, strained, awkward (vs. graceful)
- usage: lacking natural ease; "a labored style of debating"
- 2. heavy, labored, laboured, effortful (vs. effortless)
- usage: requiring or showing effort; "heavy breathing"; "the subject made for labored reading"
All rights reserved.
See also: labored (Dictionary)