Synonyms of label
- 1. label, description
- usage: a brief description given for purposes of identification; "the label Modern is applied to many different kinds of architecture"
- 2. label, recording label, trade name, brand name, brand, marque
- usage: trade name of a company that produces musical recordings; "the artists and repertoire department of a recording label is responsible for finding new talent"
- 3. label, radioisotope
- usage: a radioactive isotope that is used in a compound in order to trace the mechanism of a chemical reaction
- 4. label, marker, marking, mark
- usage: an identifying or descriptive marker that is attached to an object
- 1. label, designate, denominate
- usage: assign a label to; designate with a label; "These students were labelled `learning disabled'"
- 2. tag, label, mark, attach
- usage: attach a tag or label to; "label these bottles"
- 3. pronounce, label, judge, declare, adjudge, hold
- usage: pronounce judgment on; "They labeled him unfit to work here"
- 4. label, distinguish, separate, differentiate, secern, secernate, severalize, severalise, tell, tell apart
- usage: distinguish (as a compound or molecule) by introducing a labeled atom
- 5. label, distinguish, separate, differentiate, secern, secernate, severalize, severalise, tell, tell apart
- usage: distinguish (an element or atom) by using a radioactive isotope or an isotope of unusual mass for tracing through chemical reactions
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of label (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.