WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lanthanum, La, atomic number 57, metallic element, metal
- usage: a white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily; occurs in rare earth minerals and is usually classified as a rare earth
- 2. Louisiana, Pelican State, LA
- usage: a state in southern United States on the Gulf of Mexico; one of the Confederate states during the American Civil War
- 3. la, lah, solfa syllable
- usage: the syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization
All rights reserved.
See also: la (Dictionary)