- 1. kowtow, kotow, bow, bowing, obeisance
- usage: a former Chinese custom of touching the ground with the forehead as a sign of respect or submission
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. scrape, kowtow, genuflect, bow
- usage: bend the knees and bow in a servile manner
- 2. fawn, toady, truckle, bootlick, kowtow, kotow, suck up, flatter, blandish
- usage: try to gain favor by cringing or flattering; "He is always kowtowing to his boss"
All rights reserved.
See also: kowtow (Dictionary)