WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. knowing, knowledgeable, learned, lettered, well-educated, well-read, educated (vs. uneducated)
- usage: highly educated; having extensive information or understanding; "knowing instructors"; "a knowledgeable critic"; "a knowledgeable audience"
- 2. knowledgeable, knowing, informed (vs. uninformed)
- usage: alert and fully informed; "a knowing collector of rare books"; "surprisingly knowledgeable about what was going on"
- 3. intimate, knowledgeable, versed, experienced (vs. inexperienced), experient
- usage: thoroughly acquainted through study or experience; "this girl, so intimate with nature"-W.H.Hudson; "knowledgeable about the technique of painting"- Herbert Read
All rights reserved.
See also: knowledgeable (Dictionary)