Synonyms of knocking
- 1. knock, knocking, sound
- usage: the sound of knocking (as on a door or in an engine or bearing); "the knocking grew louder"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. knock, strike hard, strike
- usage: deliver a sharp blow or push :"He knocked the glass clear across the room"
- 2. knock, rap, knap
- usage: rap with the knuckles; "knock on the door"
- 3. bump, knock, hit, strike, impinge on, run into, collide with
- usage: knock against with force or violence; "My car bumped into the tree"
- 4. tap, rap, knock, pink, sound, go
- usage: make light, repeated taps on a surface; "he was tapping his fingers on the table impatiently"
- 5. pink, ping, knock, sound, go
- usage: sound like a car engine that is firing too early; "the car pinged when I put in low-octane gasoline"; "The car pinked when the ignition was too far retarded"
- 6. knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart, comment, notice, remark, point out
- usage: find fault with; express criticism of; point out real or perceived flaws; "The paper criticized the new movie"; "Don't knock the food--it's free"
All rights reserved.