WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. knocker, big shot, big gun, big wheel, big cheese, big deal, big enchilada, big fish, head honcho
- usage: (Yiddish) a big shot who knows it and acts that way; a boastful immoderate person
- 2. knocker, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who knocks (as seeking to gain admittance); "open the door and see who the knocker is"
- 3. detractor, disparager, depreciator, knocker, cynic, faultfinder
- usage: one who disparages or belittles the worth of something
- 4. breast, bosom, knocker, boob, tit, titty, mammary gland, mamma
- usage: either of two soft fleshy milk-secreting glandular organs on the chest of a woman
- 5. knocker, doorknocker, rapper, device
- usage: a device (usually metal and ornamental) attached by a hinge to a door
All rights reserved.
See also: knocker (Dictionary)