WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. knee, knee joint, human knee, articulatio genus, genu, hinge joint, ginglymus, ginglymoid joint
- usage: hinge joint in the human leg connecting the tibia and fibula with the femur and protected in front by the patella
- 2. stifle, knee, joint, articulation, articulatio
- usage: joint between the femur and tibia in a quadruped; corresponds to the human knee
- 3. knee, cloth covering
- usage: the part of a trouser leg that provides the cloth covering for the knee
All rights reserved.
See also: knee (Dictionary)