- 1. kite, check, bank check, cheque
- usage: a bank check that has been fraudulently altered to increase its face value
- 2. kite, check, bank check, cheque
- usage: a bank check drawn on insufficient funds at another bank in order to take advantage of the float
- 3. kite, plaything, toy
- usage: plaything consisting of a light frame covered with tissue paper; flown in wind at end of a string
- 4. kite, hawk
- usage: any of several small graceful hawks of the family Accipitridae having long pointed wings and feeding on insects and small animals
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. kite, increase
- usage: increase the amount (of a check) fraudulently; "He kited many checks"
- 2. kite, obtain
- usage: get credit or money by using a bad check; "The businessman kited millions of dollars"
- 3. kite, glide
- usage: soar or fly like a kite; "The pilot kited for a long time over the mountains"
- 4. kite, fly
- usage: fly a kite; "Kids were kiting in the park"; "They kited the Red Dragon model"
All rights reserved.
See also: kite (Dictionary)