Synonyms of kicking
- 1. kick, kicking, motion, movement, move, motility
- usage: a rhythmic thrusting movement of the legs as in swimming or calisthenics; "the kick must be synchronized with the arm movements"; "the swimmer's kicking left a wake behind him"
- 2. kick, boot, kicking, blow
- usage: the act of delivering a blow with the foot; "he gave the ball a powerful kick"; "the team's kicking was excellent"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. kick, propel, impel
- usage: drive or propel with the foot
- 2. kick, strike out
- usage: thrash about or strike out with the feet
- 3. kick, hit
- usage: strike with the foot; "The boy kicked the dog"; "Kick the door down"
- 4. kick, dance, trip the light fantastic, trip the light fantastic toe
- usage: kick a leg up
- 5. kick back, recoil, kick, bounce, resile, take a hop, spring, bound, rebound, recoil, reverberate, ricochet
- usage: spring back, as from a forceful thrust; "The gun kicked back into my shoulder"
- 6. kick, give up, waive, relinquish, forgo, forego, foreswear, dispense with
- usage: stop consuming; "kick a habit"; "give up alcohol"
- 7. kick, score, hit, tally, rack up
- usage: make a goal; "He kicked the extra point after touchdown"
- 8. complain, kick, plain, sound off, quetch, kvetch
- usage: express complaints, discontent, displeasure, or unhappiness; "My mother complains all day"; "She has a lot to kick about"
All rights reserved.