Synonyms of justify
- 1. justify, warrant, confirm, reassert
- usage: show to be reasonable or provide adequate ground for; "The emergency does not warrant all of us buying guns"; "The end justifies the means"
- 2. justify, vindicate, uphold, maintain
- usage: show to be right by providing justification or proof; "vindicate a claim"
- 3. apologize, apologise, excuse, justify, rationalize, rationalise, defend, support, fend for
- usage: defend, explain, clear away, or make excuses for by reasoning; "rationalize the child's seemingly crazy behavior"; "he rationalized his lack of success"
- 4. absolve, justify, free, forgive
- usage: let off the hook; "I absolve you from this responsibility"
- 5. justify, adjust, set, correct
- usage: adjust the spaces between words; "justify the margins"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of justify (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.