- 1. jug, bottle
- usage: a large bottle with a narrow mouth
- 2. jug, jugful, containerful
- usage: the quantity contained in a jug
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. imprison, incarcerate, lag, immure, put behind bars, jail, jug, gaol, put away, remand, confine, detain
- usage: lock up or confine, in or as in a jail; "The suspects were imprisoned without trial"; "the murderer was incarcerated for the rest of his life"
- 2. jug, stew
- usage: stew in an earthenware jug; "jug the rabbit"
All rights reserved.
See also: jug (Dictionary)