WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Jones, Mother Jones, Mary Harris Jones
- usage: United States labor leader (born in Ireland) who helped to found the Industrial Workers of the World (1830-1930)
- 2. Jones, Casey Jones, John Luther Jones
- usage: United States railroad engineer who died trying to stop his train from crashing into another train; a friend wrote a famous ballad describing the incident (1864-1900)
- 3. Jones, Bobby Jones, Robert Tyre Jones
- usage: United States golfer (1902-1971)
- 4. Jones, John Paul Jones
- usage: American naval commander in the American Revolution (1747-1792)
- 5. Jones, Inigo Jones
- usage: one of the first great English architects and a theater designer (1573-1652)
- 6. Jones, Daniel Jones
- usage: English phonetician (1881-1967)
All rights reserved.
See also: jones (Dictionary)