Synonyms of jolly
- 1. jolly, party
- usage: a happy party
- 2. jolly boat, jolly, yawl
- usage: a yawl used by a ship's sailors for general work
- 1. kid, chaff, jolly, josh, banter, tease, razz, rag, cod, tantalize, tantalise, bait, taunt, twit, rally, ride
- usage: be silly or tease one another; "After we relaxed, we just kidded around"
- 1. gay, jocund, jolly, jovial, merry, mirthful, joyous (vs. joyless)
- usage: full of or showing high-spirited merriment; "when hearts were young and gay"; "a poet could not but be gay, in such a jocund company"- Wordsworth; "the jolly crowd at the reunion"; "jolly old Saint Nick"; "a jovial old gentleman"; "have a merry Christmas"; "peals of merry laughter"; "a mirthful laugh"
- 1. reasonably, moderately, pretty, jolly, somewhat, fairly, middling, passably
- usage: to a moderately sufficient extent or degree; "pretty big"; "pretty bad"; "jolly decent of him"; "the shoes are priced reasonably"; "he is fairly clever with computers"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of jolly (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.