- 1. jig, gigue, dance music
- usage: music in three-four time for dancing a jig
- 2. jig, fisherman's lure, fish lure
- usage: a fisherman's lure with one or more hooks that is jerked up and down in the water
- 3. jig, device
- usage: a device that holds a piece of machine work and guides the tools operating on it
- 4. jig, folk dancing, folk dance
- usage: any of various old rustic dances involving kicking and leaping
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. jig, dance, trip the light fantastic, trip the light fantastic toe
- usage: dance a quick dance with leaping and kicking motions
All rights reserved.
See also: jig (Dictionary)