Synonyms of jarring
- 1. clash, jar, collide, conflict
- usage: be incompatible; be or come into conflict; "These colors clash"
- 2. jolt, jar, move
- usage: move or cause to move with a sudden jerky motion
- 3. jar, shake up, bump around, move, displace
- usage: shock physically; "Georgia was shaken up in the Tech game"
- 4. jar, affect, impress, move, strike
- usage: affect in a disagreeable way; "This play jarred the audience"
- 5. jar, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: place in a cylindrical vessel; "jar the jam"
- 1. jarring, cacophonous (vs. euphonious), cacophonic
- usage: making or causing a harsh and irritating sound; "the jarring noise of the iron gate scraping on the sidewalk"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.