- 1. scabies, itch, infection
- usage: a contagious skin infection caused by the itch mite; characterized by persistent itching and skin irritation; "he has a bad case of the itch"
- 2. urge, itch, desire
- usage: a strong restless desire; "why this urge to travel?"
- 3. itch, itchiness, itching, cutaneous sensation, haptic sensation, skin sensation
- usage: an irritating cutaneous sensation that produces a desire to scratch
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rub, scratch, itch, irritate
- usage: scrape or rub as if to relieve itching; "Don't scratch your insect bites!"
- 2. itch, ache, smart, hurt
- usage: have or perceive an itch; "I'm itching--the air is so dry!"
- 3. itch
- usage: cause to perceive an itch; "his skin itched"
- 4. itch, spoil, desire, want
- usage: have a strong desire or urge to do something; "She is itching to start the project"; "He is spoiling for a fight"
All rights reserved.
See also: itch (Dictionary)