- 1. italic, longhand, running hand, cursive, cursive script
- usage: a style of handwriting with the letters slanting to the right
- 2. Italic, Italic language, Indo-European, Indo-European language, Indo-Hittite
- usage: a branch of the Indo-European languages of which Latin is the chief representative
- 3. italic, font, fount, typeface, face, case
- usage: a typeface with letters slanting upward to the right
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. italic
- usage: characterized by slanting characters; "italic characters"
- 2. Italic
- usage: of or relating to the Italic languages; "ancient Italic dialects"
All rights reserved.
See also: italic (Dictionary)