WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. isotonic (vs. hypertonic) (vs. hypotonic), isosmotic
- usage: (used of solutions) having the same or equal osmotic pressure
- 2. isotonic
- usage: relating to or characterized by the equal intervals of a musical scale; "isotonic tuning"
- 3. isotonic (vs. isometric)
- usage: of or involving muscular contraction in which tension is constant while length changes
- 4. isotonic, tense (vs. relaxed)
- usage: of two or more muscles; having equal tension
All rights reserved.
See also: isotonic (Dictionary)