WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. isolation, separation
- usage: a state of separation between persons or groups
- 2. isolation, alienation, disaffection, estrangement
- usage: a feeling of being disliked and alone
- 3. isolation, closing off, separation
- usage: the act of isolating something; setting something apart from others
- 4. isolation, defense mechanism, defense reaction, defence mechanism, defence reaction, defense, defence
- usage: (psychiatry) a defense mechanism in which memory of an unacceptable act or impulse is separated from the emotion originally associated with it
- 5. isolation, non-engagement, nonparticipation, non-involvement
- usage: a country's withdrawal from international politics; "he opposed a policy of American isolation"
All rights reserved.
See also: isolation (Dictionary)