Synonyms of isolated
- 1. isolate, insulate, discriminate, separate, single out
- usage: place or set apart; "They isolated the political prisoners from the other inmates"
- 2. isolate, get, acquire
- usage: obtain in pure form; "The chemist managed to isolate the compound"
- 3. sequester, sequestrate, keep apart, set apart, isolate, separate, disunite, divide, part
- usage: set apart from others; "The dentist sequesters the tooth he is working on"
- 4. isolate, classify, class, sort, assort, sort out, separate
- usage: separate (experiences) from the emotions relating to them
- 1. isolated, stray, sporadic (vs. continual)
- usage: not close together in time; "isolated instances of rebellion"; "a few stray crumbs"
- 2. detached, isolated, separated, set-apart, separate (vs. joint)
- usage: being or feeling set or kept apart from others; "she felt detached from the group"; "could not remain the isolated figure he had been"- Sherwood Anderson; "thought of herself as alone and separated from the others"; "had a set-apart feeling"
- 3. disjunct, isolated, separate (vs. joint)
- usage: marked by separation of or from usually contiguous elements; "little isolated worlds, as abruptly disjunct and unexpected as a palm-shaded well in the Sahara"- Scientific Monthly
- 4. isolated, marooned, stranded, unaccompanied (vs. accompanied)
- usage: cut off or left behind; "an isolated pawn"; "several stranded fish in a tide pool"; "travelers marooned by the blizzard"
- 5. isolated, quarantined, segregated (vs. integrated), unintegrated
- usage: under forced isolation especially for health reasons; "a quarantined animal"; "isolated patients"
- 6. apart(predicate), isolated, obscure, unconnected (vs. connected)
- usage: remote and separate physically or socially; "existed over the centuries as a world apart"; "preserved because they inhabited a place apart"- W.H.Hudson; "tiny isolated villages remote from centers of civilization"; "an obscure village"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of isolated (Dictionary)