WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. irruption, entrance, entering, entry, ingress, incoming
- usage: a sudden violent entrance; a bursting in; "the recent irruption of bad manners"
- 2. irruption, population growth
- usage: a sudden sharp increase in the relative numbers of a population
- 3. outbreak, eruption, irruption, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: a sudden violent spontaneous occurrence (usually of some undesirable condition); "the outbreak of hostilities"
All rights reserved.
See also: irruption (Dictionary)