WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. intrude, irrupt, enter, come in, get into, get in, go into, go in, move into
- usage: enter uninvited; "They intruded on our dinner party"; "She irrupted into our sitting room"
- 2. erupt, irrupt, flare up, flare, break open, burst out, intensify, deepen
- usage: erupt or intensify suddenly; "Unrest erupted in the country"; "Tempers flared at the meeting"; "The crowd irrupted into a burst of patriotism"
- 3. explode, irrupt, increase
- usage: increase rapidly and in an uncontrolled manner; "The population of India is exploding"; "The island's rodent population irrupted"
All rights reserved.
See also: irrupt (Dictionary)