- 1. irrational number, irrational, real number, real
- usage: a real number that cannot be expressed as a rational number
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. irrational (vs. rational), blind, unreasoning, reasonless, nonrational, superstitious, illogical#1, unlogical, incoherent, unreasonable
- usage: not consistent with or using reason; "irrational fears"; "irrational animals"
- 2. irrational (vs. rational)
- usage: real but not expressible as the quotient of two integers; "irrational numbers"
All rights reserved.
See also: irrational (Dictionary)