WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. irradiation, condition, status
- usage: the condition of being exposed to radiation
- 2. beam, beam of light, light beam, ray, ray of light, shaft, shaft of light, irradiation, light, visible light, visible radiation
- usage: a column of light (as from a beacon)
- 3. irradiation, spread, spreading
- usage: (physiology) the spread of sensory neural impulses in the cortex
- 4. irradiation, illusion, semblance
- usage: the apparent enlargement of a bright object when viewed against a dark background
- 5. irradiation, generalization, generalisation, stimulus generalization, stimulus generalisation
- usage: (Pavolvian conditioning) the elicitation of a conditioned response by stimulation similar but not identical to the original stimulus
- 6. radiotherapy, radiation therapy, radiation, actinotherapy, irradiation, therapy
- usage: (medicine) the treatment of disease (especially cancer) by exposure to a radioactive substance
All rights reserved.
See also: irradiation (Dictionary)