- 1. ironing, garment, white goods, household linen
- usage: garments (clothes or linens) that are to be (or have been) ironed; "there was a basketful of ironing to do"
- 2. ironing, work
- usage: the work of using heat to smooth washed clothes in order to remove any wrinkles
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. iron, iron out, press, press
- usage: press and smooth with a heated iron; "press your shirts"; "she stood there ironing"
All rights reserved.
See also: ironing (Dictionary)