- 1. ironclad, warship, war vessel, combat ship
- usage: a wooden warship of the 19th century that is plated with iron or steel armor
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ironclad, sheathed (vs. unsheathed)
- usage: sheathed in iron plates for protection
- 2. ironclad, brassbound, inflexible (vs. flexible)
- usage: inflexibly entrenched and unchangeable; "brassbound traditions"; "brassbound party loyalists"; "an ironclad rule"
All rights reserved.
See also: ironclad (Dictionary)