WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Irish Republican Army, IRA, Provisional Irish Republican Army, Provisional IRA, Provos
- usage: a militant organization of Irish nationalists who used terrorism and guerilla warfare in an effort to drive British forces from Northern Ireland and achieve a united independent Ireland
- 2. individual retirement account, IRA, pension plan, pension account, retirement plan, retirement savings plan, retirement savings account, retirement account, retirement program
- usage: a retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement; taxes on the interest earned in the account are deferred
- 3. wrath, anger, ire, ira, mortal sin, deadly sin
- usage: belligerence aroused by a real or supposed wrong (personified as one of the deadly sins)
All rights reserved.
See also: ira (Dictionary)