Synonyms of involve
- 1. involve, affect, regard, refer, pertain, relate, concern, come to, bear on, touch, touch on, have-to doe with
- usage: connect closely and often incriminatingly; "This new ruling affects your business"
- 2. involve, admit, let in, include
- usage: engage as a participant; "Don't involve me in your family affairs!"
- 3. imply, involve, have, feature
- usage: have as a necessary feature; "This decision involves many changes"
- 4. necessitate, ask, postulate, need, require, take, involve, call for, demand
- usage: require as useful, just, or proper; "It takes nerve to do what she did"; "success usually requires hard work"; "This job asks a lot of patience and skill"; "This position demands a lot of personal sacrifice"; "This dinner calls for a spectacular dessert"; "This intervention does not postulate a patient's consent"
- 5. involve, include
- usage: contain as a part; "Dinner at Joe's always involves at least six courses"
- 6. involve, absorb, engross, engage, occupy
- usage: occupy or engage the interest of; "His story completely involved me during the entire afternoon"
- 7. involve, complicate, refine, rarify, elaborate
- usage: make complex or intricate or complicated; "The situation was rather involved"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of involve (Dictionary)