WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. involution, organic process, biological process
- usage: reduction in size of an organ or part (as in the return of the uterus to normal size after childbirth)
- 2. involution, construction, grammatical construction, expression
- usage: a long and intricate and complicated grammatical construction
- 3. elaborateness, elaboration, intricacy, involution, complexity, complexness
- usage: marked by elaborately complex detail
- 4. engagement, participation, involvement, involution, group action
- usage: the act of sharing in the activities of a group; "the teacher tried to increase his students' engagement in class activities"
- 5. exponentiation, involution, mathematical process, mathematical operation, operation
- usage: the process of raising a quantity to some assigned power
- 6. involution, enfolding, change of shape
- usage: the action of enfolding something
All rights reserved.
See also: involution (Dictionary)