WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. invocation, supplication, prayer, petition, orison
- usage: a prayer asking God's help as part of a religious service
- 2. invocation, incantation, conjuration
- usage: an incantation used in conjuring or summoning a devil
- 3. conjuring, conjuration, conjury, invocation, magic, thaumaturgy
- usage: calling up a spirit or devil
- 4. invocation, implementation, effectuation
- usage: the act of appealing for help
All rights reserved.
See also: invocation (Dictionary)