Synonyms of inverted
- 1. invert, change, alter, modify
- usage: make an inversion (in a musical composition); "here the theme is inverted"
- 2. invert, reverse, reorder
- usage: reverse the position, order, relation, or condition of; "when forming a question, invert the subject and the verb"
- 3. turn back, invert, reverse, change, alter, modify
- usage: turn inside out or upside down
- 1. inverted, upside-down, turned (vs. unturned)
- usage: being in such a position that top and bottom are reversed; "a quotation mark is sometimes called an inverted comma"; "an upside-down cake"
- 2. anatropous (vs. amphitropous), inverted
- usage: (of a plant ovule) completely inverted; turned back 180 degrees on its stalk
All rights reserved.