- 1. inverse, opposite, opposition, oppositeness
- usage: something inverted in sequence or character or effect; "when the direct approach failed he tried the inverse"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inverse, reverse, backward (vs. forward)
- usage: reversed (turned backward) in order or nature or effect
- 2. inverse (vs. direct), reciprocal
- usage: opposite in nature or effect or relation to another quantity ; "a term is in inverse proportion to another term if it increases (or decreases) as the other decreases (or increases)"
All rights reserved.
See also: inverse (Dictionary)