WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. invasion, penetration, incursion
- usage: the act of invading; the act of an army that invades for conquest or plunder
- 2. invasion, encroachment, intrusion, entrance, entering
- usage: any entry into an area not previously occupied; "an invasion of tourists"; "an invasion of locusts"
- 3. invasion, spread, spreading
- usage: (pathology) the spread of pathogenic microorganisms or malignant cells to new sites in the body; "the tumor's invasion of surrounding structures"
All rights reserved.
See also: invasion (Dictionary)