WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. invalidate, annul, quash, void, avoid, nullify, cancel, strike down
- usage: declare invalid; "The contract was annulled"; "void a plea"
- 2. cancel, invalidate, score, mark
- usage: make invalid for use; "cancel cheques or tickets"
- 3. invalidate, nullify, negate, contradict
- usage: show to be invalid
- 4. invalidate, void, vitiate, change, alter, modify
- usage: take away the legal force of or render ineffective; "invalidate a contract"
All rights reserved.
See also: invalidate (Dictionary)