WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. intrude, irrupt, enter, come in, get into, get in, go into, go in, move into
- usage: enter uninvited; "They intruded on our dinner party"; "She irrupted into our sitting room"
- 2. trespass, intrude, transgress, offend, infract, violate, go against, breach, break
- usage: enter unlawfully on someone's property; "Don't trespass on my land!"
- 3. intrude, horn in, pry, nose, poke, search, look
- usage: search or inquire in a meddlesome way; "This guy is always nosing around the office"
- 4. intrude, obtrude, inflict, bring down, visit, impose
- usage: thrust oneself in as if by force; "The colors don't intrude on the viewer"
All rights reserved.
See also: intrude (Dictionary)