Synonyms of intone
- 1. tone, chant, intone, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: utter monotonously and repetitively and rhythmically; "The students chanted the same slogan over and over again"
- 2. chant, intone, intonate, cantillate, sing
- usage: recite with musical intonation; recite as a chant or a psalm; "The rabbi chanted a prayer"
- 3. intonate, intone, pronounce, label, judge
- usage: speak carefully, as with rising and falling pitch or in a particular tone; "please intonate with sadness"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of intone (Dictionary)