WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. intervention, intercession, engagement, participation, involvement, involution
- usage: the act of intervening (as to mediate a dispute, etc.); "it occurs without human intervention"
- 2. intervention, interference, foreign policy
- usage: a policy of intervening in the affairs of other countries
- 3. interposition, intervention, placement, location, locating, position, positioning, emplacement
- usage: the act or fact of interposing one thing between or among others
- 4. intervention, proceeding, legal proceeding, proceedings
- usage: (law) a proceeding that permits a person to enter into a lawsuit already in progress; admission of person not an original party to the suit so that person can protect some right or interest that is allegedly affected by the proceedings; "the purpose of intervention is to prevent unnecessary duplication of lawsuits"
- 5. treatment, intervention, care, attention, aid, tending
- usage: care provided to improve a situation (especially medical procedures or applications that are intended to relieve illness or injury)
All rights reserved.
See also: intervention (Dictionary)