- 1. interrupt, disrupt, break up, cut off, break, break off, discontinue, stop
- usage: make a break in; "We interrupt the program for the following messages"
- 2. interrupt, disturb, act, move
- usage: destroy the peace or tranquility of; "Don't interrupt me when I'm reading"
- 3. interrupt, disrupt, chime in, cut in, put in, butt in, chisel in, barge in, break in
- usage: interfere in someone else's activity; "Please don't interrupt me while I'm on the phone"
- 4. interrupt, break, end, terminate
- usage: terminate; "She interrupted her pregnancy"; "break a lucky streak"; "break the cycle of poverty"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. interrupted, discontinued (vs. continued)
- usage: discontinued temporarily; "we resumed the interrupted discussion"
- 2. fitful, interrupted, off-and-on(prenominal), broken (vs. unbroken)
- usage: intermittently stopping and starting; "fitful (or interrupted) sleep"; "off-and-on static"
All rights reserved.
See also: interrupted (Dictionary)