- 1. question, interrogation, interrogative, interrogative sentence, sentence
- usage: a sentence of inquiry that asks for a reply; "he asked a direct question"; "he had trouble phrasing his interrogations"
- 2. interrogative mood, interrogative, mood, mode, modality
- usage: some linguists consider interrogative sentences to constitute a mood
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. interrogative
- usage: relating to verbs in the so-called interrogative mood; "not all questions have an interrogative construction"
- 2. interrogative (vs. declarative), interrogatory (vs. declaratory)
- usage: relating to the use of or having the nature of an interrogation
All rights reserved.
See also: interrogative (Dictionary)