WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. interpreter, translator, mediator, go-between, intermediator, intermediary, intercessor
- usage: someone who mediates between speakers of different languages
- 2. interpreter, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: someone who uses art to represent something; "his paintings reveal a sensitive interpreter of nature"; "she was famous as an interpreter of Shakespearean roles"
- 3. spokesperson, interpreter, representative, voice, advocate, advocator, proponent, exponent
- usage: an advocate who represents someone else's policy or purpose; "the meeting was attended by spokespersons for all the major organs of government"
- 4. interpreter, interpretive program, program, programme, computer program, computer programme
- usage: (computer science) a program that translates and executes source language statements one line at a time
All rights reserved.
See also: interpreter (Dictionary)