WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. interpretation, reading, version, representation, mental representation, internal representation
- usage: a mental representation of the meaning or significance of something
- 2. rendition, rendering, interpretation, performance
- usage: the act of interpreting something as expressed in an artistic performance; "her rendition of Milton's verse was extraordinarily moving"
- 3. interpretation, explanation, account
- usage: an explanation that results from interpreting something; "the report included his interpretation of the forensic evidence"
- 4. interpretation, interpreting, rendition, rendering, explanation
- usage: an explanation of something that is not immediately obvious; "the edict was subject to many interpretations"; "he annoyed us with his interpreting of parables"; "often imitations are extended to provide a more accurate rendition of the child's intended meaning"
All rights reserved.
See also: interpretation (Dictionary)